Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cheesy Pasta

The original name of this is "Cheesy Spirals" but I used Penne pasta, so I changed the name :)  This recipe is so easy and the kids loved, I was so sad I haven't tried it before now!

Ingredients:
16 oz pasta
1 lb ground beef
onion
garlic
28 oz spaghetti sauce
1 10.5oz can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
italian seasoning
pepper
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Cook the pasta until right before "al dente".  Brown the ground beef with some onion and garlic.  Add the spaghetti sauce and cheddar cheese soup.  Stir until it is uniform throughout.  Add the italian seasoning and pepper to taste.  Remove from heat, add 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.  Mix in the pasta and put it into a greased casserole dish.  Bake in the oven at 350* for 30 minutes. 

You can also freeze this before you bake it.  Then thaw it and bake at 350* for 40 minutes.

Next time I'll try throwing in some veggies.

No comments: