Well, the best I have ever had!
- 1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 small/med onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered (you may used canned)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tub Philadelphia Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese Spread OR use 8 oz of plain cream cheese and season with diced or roasted garlic and herbs of your choosing
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen peas and carrots OR 1/2 can of green beans and 1/2 can of carrots (use what you like)
- 1 refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 min. Stir in mushrooms; cook 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 min. or until done. You can season your chicken breasts any way you prefer. Stir in cream cheese spread and broth; cook 3 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted. Stir in vegetables.
- Place bottom pie c rust in pie plate and brush with beaten egg. Spoon mixture onto top of bottom pie crust. Cover with top pie crust; gently press edge of crust onto other dish/side of dish to seal. Brush crust with remaining egg. Cut slits in crust to permit steam to escape. Cover pie crust with aluminum foil or an aluminum shield.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until crust is golden brown. Remove foil or crust shield after 15 min. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Hint: If you don't have an aluminum pie crust shield, you need one pronto! I hate messing with covering my crust with foil.